Friday, December 12, 2008

Adam Fields' Module 4 Assignment

Hi everybody:

The work is scattered about the internet, but here are links to my essay for module 4, as well as to the photos and a short video of my experimental book:




I think it speaks for itself, but I wanted the book to capture the idea of diachronic versus synchronic analysis; the narrative part of the book (which can be expanded indefinitely) points to the chronology of the events, but at any point within the "story" you can reference "synchronic" data from the other sections of the book, via the map on the right and the 'encyclopedia' on the left, which are both expandable as well.  Additionally, the form breaks down the idea of traditional codex, and as I was "building" it I began to think of it as a non-digital PDA (it's a map, a wiki, and a blog, and each "opens" in its own window).

This assignment (and the class as a whole) has been a lot of fun.  Enjoy your break, and good luck on all your dissertations!

-Adam

No comments: